Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Reality...

Well Monday sums it all up..
Mallory is on Spring Break for 2 weeks..
Since we are having awesome weather here..I was trying to take advantage of every opportunity to let the kids be outside and play.
Let me back it up for a second.
Usually in the mornings when Mallory is at school Chase and I cruise up to the park on our bikes.
Well that's about to all change.
Monday we went to the park. As we were pulling up ready to park our bikes I was going at a pretty funky angle and didn't want to overlap wheels with Chase so I went down the cement to the woodchips and there was a dip back up onto the padded play area. Well I thought I would just do a little bunny jump to get back up onto solid ground.
That didn't work out so well.
I flew over my handlebars and luckily was going slow enough to know what I was doing, put my hand down to protect my stomach and fell completely down. I got up, luckily it was early and know one was at the park yet. I wasn't hurt, I didn't fall on my stomach but took a chunk out of my leg from my chain so it was bleeding a little. I got up completely embarrassed like it was my first time on my bike. The kids couldn't believe what I had done.
Well, the next morning I got out of bed and was so sore..my shoulders, hamstrings, back, quads and the sore on my leg hurt.
Reality check at that point said to me..oh yea I am 30 weeks pregnant. Oh my gosh..I'm gonna have a BaBY! What the heck was I doing on a bike!!

4 comments:

Sam and Janiece said...

LOL...but really, that sounds painful! I hope you are feeling better. I rode across town on my bike when I was pretty pregnany with Skylee...I guess I got lucky that nothing happened.

Zelma said...

Shauna, What a way for a reality check, gee I am 30 weeks. Hope you feel better. love mom

Fausett Family said...

The first thing I thought of was "what the heck is she doing on her bike??" Then i had a little chuckle cause it reminded me of when we thought we could put a bike tire back on a bike and you flew over the top of the bike when the tire went rolling down the street. Or was that me that went flying through the air? Either way...we were dorks!
P.S. maybe it was Candice that went flying. You know we made her do a lot of dangerous things for our amusement. Sorry Candice!

Amber Horspool said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you (and the baby) are ok! Sounds painful. So sorry! I can't believe you are already 30 weeks along! So exciting! Chase was over here today for a while with Shelley. He's such a cute boy:)